WCAG for Senior Managers and Policy Makers
- Duration: 1/2 day
NOTE: We have versions of this training for busy managers that are 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours
- Audience: Managers, project managers
In this course we will learn how to manage and understand the requirements of WCAG, and laws that refer to it for your jurisdiction, WCAG is the worldwide
standard found in many policy and legal requirements, including
the Government of Canada’s “Standard on
Accessibility”, the Government of Ontario’s AODA, the
refresh of the US Government Section 508, European Union EN-301-549, the majority of fortune 500 companies and more. We’ll
de-mystify the WCAG! Slides will be provided.
What You Will Learn:
- Principles, guidelines and Success Criteria of WCAG 2.1
- Different levels of conformance
- Types of disabilities and a demonstration of assistive devices used by people with disabilities to operate websites
- How much does conformance cost and how to reduce costs
- How to integrate WCAG into policy
- Where are the pain points, and how to mitigate them
- Examples of websites with good WCAG conformance
- Development lifecycle, an introduction on how to eliminate bottlenecks
- Reduce work by distributing WCAG roles and responsibilities across the organization
- The creation of internal peer support committees to share knowledge
- How conformance to WCAG can improve your SEO and your mobile site
This course has no prerequisites (no programming experience required).
This course is a hands-on interactive exploration on how to
integrate WCAG into your designs, wireframes and layouts. A USB
key with tools, techniques and checklist are provided.
What You Will Learn:
- Review of WCAG Principles, Guidelines, and Success
Criteria that apply to Design, Marketing, UX and UI.
- W3C resources
- Color choices, design choices
- Pain points
- How to balance artistic freedom and the color
requirements, with tips and tricks to conform while keeping those
- Measuring colour contrast
- Summary of what we might see in WCAG 2.1 for new design
requirements in the future
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the longest serving Invited Expert on the WCAG standard.
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs