Deep Dive into WAI-ARIA
- Duration: 1 day
- Audience: Front end developers
This is an opportunity for front end developers who are
familiar with HTML accessibility to dig deep into the attributes
that fill in the accessibility gaps in modern applications, so
they can meet the requirements of the WCAG. Bring those tough
WAI-ARIA questions that have been keeping you up at night. Learn
to use WAI-ARIA with prudence like a fine chef uses spices,
rather than adding it all over everything and messing up
What You Will Learn:
- Review of WCAG Principles, Guidelines, and Success
- W3C resources
- Good third party information
- Advanced labelling of controls
- Learn how screen readers talk to the OS Accessibility API
- Updating the API with the status of your controls
- How to make advanced accessible widgets (tabbed interfaces, menus, show/hides etc.)
- Examples of good WCAG conformance
- How to recognize properly formed WAI ARIA
- Using a screen reader to test
- Using a tool to view the accessibility API
- Bring all those hard WAI-ARIA questions that keep you up at night, we'll answer them
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the longest serving Invited Expert on the WCAG standard.
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs