WCAG for Senior Managers
& Policy Makers
- Duration: 2 hours (20 minute summary version available)
- Audience: Senior Managers and key decision-makers
Organizations that have senior management "buy-in" are the most successful at making their organizations meet the obligations of the WCAG, and providing inclusive services. This course introduces WCAG 2 to senior management and policy makers who want to implement the standard for their organization. This will assist policy makers in reaching informed decisions about the specifics of WCAG 2 implementation, and help them answer policy questions that their constituent web designers may ask. Slides will be provided.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to accessibility, disability and WCAG: what is this all about?
- WCAG Principles, Guidelines, Success Criteria and Conformance Criteria explained
- What accessibility barriers look like (and feel like), and a live demonstration of assistive devices used by people with disabilities
- About the organization’s responsibilities under the AODA as well as timelines of implementation
- AODA conformance deadlines, consequences of non-compliance, and exemptions
- How much does conformance cost and how to reduce costs
- Where are the pain points, and how to mitigate them
- The relationship between SEO, Mobile and Accessibility
- Examples of websites with good WCAG conformance
This course has no prerequisites (no programming experience required).
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs