WCAG for COMS & CMS Content Providers
- Duration: 1 day
- Audience: Managers, designers, content authors, marketing personnel
This “non-techie”, but "hands-on" course is for managers and those in marketing and communications who work with Word and PDFs. It’s also for anyone who drops content into the content area of a Content Management System (CMS) and posts it online (such as Drupal, Wordpress, Site Core, Teamsite, Interwoven, etc.). We explore how to add CMS content so it conforms. A USB key with tools and techniques are provided.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to WCAG 2 Principles, Guidelines, and Success Criteria
- Choosing the Success Criteria that apply to you
- Examples of accessibility barriers and how they affect people with disabilities
- A demonstration of assistive devices used by people with disabilities
- In depth understanding on how to write good ALT text
- Colour, contrast and design choices
- Strategies used to drop in content
- Simple HTML elements for CMS content providers
- Common Errors
- Creating accessible source documents in MS Word
- Exporting from MS Word to PDF for best conformance
- Basic multimedia accessibility (including Captioning)
- Conformance requirements and timeframes
- WCAG vs. AODA: what you can leave out
- Examples of good conformance
- W3C resources
Experience with MS Word, PDFs and/or a CMS
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs
help -at- can-adapt.com
(replace -at- with you know what)