CS 5.5, 6, Creative Cloud
- Duration: 1 day
- Audience: Designers, Content Authors
This is a “hands-on” course for anyone who creates PDF content for websites using InDesign as the source document format. A USB key with tools and techniques are provided.
What You Will Learn:
- WCAG: an overview of what is important to InDesign content providers
- Working with metadata and specifying a document title
- Creating an accessible template
- Color contrast ratios
- Using Paragraph styles
- Establishing Heading structures
- Establishing export tag relationships between styles and PDF tags
- Anchoring graphics
- Creating Text Alternatives using Object Export options
- Creating artifacts from graphics
- Accessible lists and tables
- Using Navigation features: table of contents, bookmarks, hyperlinks and cross-references
- Headers/footers, footnotes and references
- An intro to creating accessible forms
- Using accessibility settings when importing and exporting
Intermediate experience with Adobe InDesign
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs