Quality Assurance and Testing for WCAG
- Duration: 1 day
- Audience: QA Specialists, evaluators
This course is a hands-on interactive exploration on how to evaluate your organization’s content for WCAG conformance. A USB key with tools, techniques and checklist are provided.
What You Will Learn:
- Review of WCAG Principles, Guidelines, and Success Criteria
- W3C resources
- Checking Microsoft Word 10 documents for accessibility
- Common HTML Errors
- Testing HTML
- Testing Multimedia
- Testing PDF
- Identifying failures
- Strategies for using automated testing tools, what they can and can’t do
- Measuring colour contrast
- The difference between techniques and failures when assessing content
- Examples of good WCAG conformance
- How to recognize properly formed WAI ARIA
- Using a screen reader to test
- Using a tool to view the accessibility API
- Testing web applications
- Multimedia (including Captioning)
- Exercises: HTML code work for accessibility
Basic understanding of (X)HTML, PDF, MS Word.
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs
help -at- can-adapt.com
(replace -at- with you know what)