PDF Strategies for Decision Makers
- Duration: Half day
- Audience: Managers, designers, content authors, marketing personnel
The AODA requires that all public facing PDF documents on the web meet the WCAG for organizations with over 50 employees. Organizations that have thousands of online PDFs have a huge challenge ahead of them. In this workshop we’ll discuss PDF strategies including how to deal with content that is already posted in PDF format, and exemptions in the AODA.
- Discuss in-house remediation, external remediation, automated assistance for in-house conversion to HTML, source document creation, and adjustments to properly prepared source documents
- Demonstrate the Equidox automation tool that speeds up the conversion of PDF’s into a more accessible HTML format
- Show the basics of how to remediate PDF documents using Adobe Acrobat
- Provide cheat sheets on how to make new content that will be exported from source documents (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, etc.) to PDF
- Discuss tools to support PDF remediation
- Discuss outsourcing large volumes of PDFs to a 3rd party for remediation
- Demonstrate reading a PDF using the NVDA Screen Reader for the blind, and provide simple instruction sheets on how to use a screen reader to test PDF documents for yourself
We will discuss the pros and cons of each of these strategies and give you the tools you need to make these hard decisions.
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs
help -at- can-adapt.com
(replace -at- with you know what)