Accessible Mobile Applications in xCode, Android Studio, REACT Native, Cordova, training
- Duration: 1 day
NOTE: We have a 2 day version of this training where we evaluate your application in front of your team
- Audience: Mobile developers in xCode, Android Studio, REACT Native, Cordova, Framework 7 etc.
WCAG 2.1 (June 2018) and WCAG 2.2 (due in 2020) both have significant mobile requirements, in addition to the requirements of WCAG 2.0 which translates well to mobile. In this course we will learn how to apply the standards to native mobile applications built in xCode, Android Studio, REACT Native, Cordova, Framework 7 etc., Bring those hard questions and lets work them out together. Learn from a member of the Mobile Accessibility Task Force of the Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (WCAG).
What You Will Learn:
- Intro to WCAG, Success Criteria, documentation, resources,
- How to get around the documents.
- What's new for Mobile in WCAG 2.1 and what's coming in 2.2
- HTML Accessibility, the DOM and WAI ARIA
- Designing for accessibility, colours, layout etc.
- Live demonstration with a blind person mobile screen reader & Braille
- Low vision, cognitive, hearing, dexterity disabilities and mobile
- How to activate and use assistive technologies on iOS and Android
- Resources for developers
- Accessibility strategies in Xcode and Android Studio, etc.
- Putting it all together, implementing the success criteria in your projects.
- We'll use your apps as examples and testing where possible
Knowledge and experience in mobile development.
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the longest serving Invited Expert on the WCAG standard.
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs