Advanced Deep Dive into WCAG
- Duration: 2 days
- Audience: Developers, QA Specialists
This course is a hands-on interactive exploration on how the WCAG can be implemented on today’s multi-faceted websites to make them more accessible to people with disabilities.
What You Will Learn:
- Review of WCAG 2.0 Principles, Guidelines, and Success Criteria
- How to choose which Success Criteria apply to you
- Reviewing actual examples of good WCAG conformance
- How to access W3C resources
- Common HTML Errors
- Accessible JQuery
- Applying WCAG to HTML5
- Accessible HTML5 Forms
- Multimedia (including Captioning)
- Using a screen reader to test
- Tools to view the Accessibility API
- Exercises: HTML code work for accessibility
Basic understanding of (X)HTML. Programming knowledge is a plus.
- We know the pulse of WCAG: Learn with a 15 year WCAG veteran, the only Canadian Invited Expert on the WCAG standard .
- Hands-on experience with web developers: We have worked with webmasters from some of the largest organizations.
- Practical tools: Not “one-size-fits-all”, flexible relationships, customized to your website. Tons of tools, tips, tricks & resources.
- Dynamic and engaging training: Energetic, fun and interactive. Some courses include demos with persons with disabilities.
- Additional support: Each student get a free 30-minute telephone and/or email consult within one month of the course.
For a quote or just to chat about your organization's needs